Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tilda Mother's Day Challenge Card

Just a quick post to show the Mother's Day card I've made for my Grandma.  It's based on a sketch over at Simon Says Stamp.  I've used the Magnolia image "Tilda with Flower Pot" coloured with copics.  The DP's are from a Craftwork Card paper pack which was a freebie with an issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft.

I had so much trouble with the hair.  I just couldn't get it to the colour I wanted, I think this was my fourth attempt which I finaly settled on.

While I was making this card, I had the TV on in the background and I noticed a set of felt flowers for sale on QVC and I thought they would be perfect for this card then I remembered that I had some scraps of felt left over from an activity I'd done at brownies.  I used my Marianne Ribbon Flower 3 Die and my cuttlebug and I think they look as good as any that I could have bought.


I'm entering this into the following challenges:


Thanks for looking x

2 comments:

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow, this is cute. I love these papers and colors. Great Layout and Tilda is beautiful colored in.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Christine said...

I think your card is gorgeous and I think you've done a great job with her hair. I love the deep richness of the colors. The colors are blended very well too. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
xoxo, Christine